Tuesday, September 26, 2006

'Create' 1 Month in a Year...

Over the years, I have kind of realised that the longer I stay awake at night, the longer I tend to 'oversleep'. (If you have the same issue, why don't we discuss this?)

Earlier, I was used to sleeping 7 hours a day, Provided I go to sleep by midnight (00:00).
If I changed that routine, and went to sleep any time beyond 12, then my (next) day would be screwed up. I would need more than 8 hours of sleep. If I wake up before that, I would end up a little drowsy, and irritable for the rest of the day.

Does the body's tiredness compound past midnight?
Why does one feel so tired when you go past a certain time?
Of course, long hours of work is one thing, but...
If you come across any research in that area, pass it on to me. Ungalukku Punyamaa pogum.

The only time I can get up early (regularly) is when I am on projects. During then no sleep is okai too (Oops! Not Forever).

Anyway, Sai and I are long-sleepers. Given a chance, we can sleep on forever. Once, in our BIL's place in Chicago, we were sleeping when our nephew left to school (owing to 2 hours time lag), and were still sleeping when he returned home after 4 hours (no jet lag explanation here)

We were once talking, "If only we reduce our sleep by 2 hours/day, we would get a whole month/year all for ourselves - extra". (1/12th of a day=> 1/12th of a year = 1 month)

Beautiful concept.
I thought of all the things (and favourite hobbies) that I have not been able to do because of my so-called 'Lack of Time', and here, I have been wasting 1 whole month sleeping :-/
This worked for a week, a month, and for 2. Then I gave up.

But, I do have to accept that I have been most productive when I have started working at 6am instead of at 8 or 9; Things get done in a wink. I have loved working in the early hours, but have not been a success in this department.
Can anyone tell me how to sustain this habit? (If you have sustained)

I can see my sister Sujatha and SIL, Preethi starting to work very early (6-7 am), and starting off very early (5 pm). Maybe, because of the kid(s) and the house to manage? I take it as an excuse (I am an escapist sometimes, you see).
I say to myself, "See, that's why they are motivated to get up early!!! May be one day, when I have my own kid, I may be an early morning mother too"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

why do u talk abt ur sil n sis with kids...take my example...still unmarried but reach office by 8am and come back by 6 pm if theres no important work. You can still manage to work like me. Time mgmt is important that you effectively use your 8 or 9 hours of work time.

Reg. sleeping...when you sleep late you do tend to oversleep. adding to it you gain weight too.
just try sleeping late and getting up late....you will atleast add 2 kgs to you apart from your normal added weight due to food.

The above is the simple reason why your 'once 50kg tajmahal sis' became bailvan ki second bachi, u being the first ;-)

eppadi keedu ka?

2:54 AM, November 03, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home